- Diesner, J., Rezapour, R., Pak, S. (2015). Comparative Impact Assessment of Documentaries and Related Media. Extended abstract HASTAC, East Lansing, MI.
- Diesner, J., Rezapour, R. (2015). Social Computing for Impact Assessment of Social Change Projects. International Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling and Prediction Conference (SBP 2015), Washington, DC, Mar/Apr 2015
- Diesner, J., Kim, J., Pak, S. (2014). Computational Impact Assessment of Social Justice Documentaries. The Journal of Electronic Publishing, 17(3),2. doi:10.3998/3336451.0017.306
- Diesner, J. (2014). ConText: Software for the Integrated Analysis of Text Data and Network Data. Paper presented at the Social and Semantic Networks in Communication Research. Preconference at Conference of International Communication Association (ICA), Seattle, WA.
- Diesner, J., Pak, S., Kim, J., Soltani, K., Aleyasen, A. (2014). Computational Assessment of the Impact of Social Justice Documentaries. Proceedings from iConference 2014. Berlin, Gemany
- Diesner, J., Aleyasen, A., Kim, J., Mishra, S., Soltani, K. (2013). Using Socio-Semantic Network Analysis for Assessing the Impact of Documentaries. WIN (Workshop on Information in Networks), New York, NY
- Diesner J (2015) “Bringing Computational Social Science to the Real World: Impact Assessment of Issue-Focused Public Media”, 2015 Illinois Digital Humanities Symposium, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Diesner J (2014) Purdue University, Lafayette, IN
- Diesner J (2014) "Computational Assessment of the Impact of Social Justice Documentaries". HASTAC, Lima, Peru.
- Diesner J (Apr 2014) at Dissect: Impact Event at CUNY, Graduate School of Journalism, New York, NY
- Diesner J (Mar 2014) Impact Distribution Lab, by BritDoc and Ford Foundation, New York, NY
- Diesner J (Feb 2014) at The Media Consortium Annual Conference, Chicago, IL
- Diesner J (2013) Impact Assessment and ConText. at Media Impact Focus: Assessing the Impact of Media, Paley Center for Media, New York
- Diesner J, Aleyasen A, Kim J, Mishra S, Soltani K, Wilner S (2013). Impact Assessment and ConText. at Dissection: Impact, Oakland, CA
- Diesner J (2013) Assessing the Impact of (Social Justice) Documentaries. at Sundance Institute, Creative Producing Summit.
(Aggregated findings are also part of our Publications)
- Racing Extinction, Documentary, by Louie Psihoyos, 2015
- This Changes Everything, Book, by Naomi Klein, 2014
- Fed Up, Documentary, by Stephanie Soechtig, 2014
- Through a Lens Darkly (and the Digital Diaspora Family Reunion TV), Documentary, by Thomas Allen Harris, 2013
- One Mile Away, Documentary, by Penny Woolcock, 2013
- Pandora’s Promise, Documentary, by Robert Stone, 2013
- Solar Mamas, Documentary, by Mona Eldaief & Jehane Noujaim, 2012
- The House I live in, Documentary, by Eugene Jarecki, 2012
- Women War and Peace, Documentary (five-part television series), by PBS, 2011